Keeping Your Cool when Pregnant in the Dubai heat
Its so hot out there its like putting your head in an oven! Read on to get some quick tips on how to beat the heat this summer - especially if pregnant or breastfeeding
It's hot, 'scorchio' in fact and rising! We all feel it but for pregnant and nursing ladies the intensity is heightened. For those ladies unable to escape the heat to cooler climes this summer here's a couple of tips to help you beat the heat and bear it a little longer:-
- A cool, damp washcloth applied to the back of your neck, your forehead, or the top of your head is a good way to keep your body temperature down.
- If you perspire heavily because of the heat, make sure you drink plenty of fluids. Water's good, but so are milk and sports drinks, which replace electrolytes that are being sweated away. If you're thirsty, you're already dehydrated, so make sure you drink throughout the day. Do this in a measured way though as too much water can be as much a problem as too little.
- Swim. Not only does swimming cool you off, it helps to take some of the weight off your sciatic nerve. Don't forget to check out our ranges of swimwear on site to keep you looking great aswell!
- Wear breathable fabrics so you won't sweat; this will keep you cooler and help prevent heat rash, a common problem for pregnant women.Bamboo and cotton are firm favourites for maternity wear
- Carry a water-filled squirt bottle so that you can mist yourself when you start to feel warm.
- Exercise at the cooler times of day and avoid exercising to the point of overheating.
- Rest when you can